How To Change Your Legal Name With NADRA

How To Change Your Legal Name With NADRA: Here's how NADRA will change your legal name.

NADRA's Policy For Change Of Name

The National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has late released legal guidance for persons having to change their names against previous databases.
A NADRA spokesperson confirmed that applicants must meet certain criteria to apply for the procedure to change details. If the credential of the candidate is Secondary School Certificate (MATRIC) or above, the name will be written as it appears on the Matriculation Certificate, whereas if the family head (father/husband) changes its name, all family members will be required to alter their CNICs / NICOPs / CRCs.

He said a name change deed properly confirmed by the consulate general in question is required for NICOP & POC holders (only for NADRA Swift registration centres abroad).

Tentative Procedure | NADRA

To change your name through a deed vote, you need to offer a legitimate and clear reason to change your name.
Contact a solicitor, a notary officer or go straight to a district court request for an affidavit approved by a first-class magistrate to file an affidavit specifying the reasons that you want to amend your identity, the present identity and the new name that you intend to legally take.
Present the documentation mentioned in this page's "Necessary Documentation" section, or as may be requested according to your situation.
If the magistrate is convinced you are entitled to amend your name, an attested affidavit will be released.
You will also need to print the affidavit in a letter to the Gazette and in the local newspaper that you wish to amend the identity.
Quite critical are the initial versions of the "Gazette Notice" These copies will also adjust Voter ID, Bank name and so on.

Required Documents

Criminal Record Certificate Requirement for a First Class Magistrate Identity Card (Original and Photocopy) Birth Certificate

Location | Contact NADRA

Central Database and Registry Authority (NADRA) NADRA State Bank of Pakistan Building, Shahrah-i-Jamhuriat, G-5/2, Islamabad, 44000, Pakistan Telephone: 7000 (for Mobilink, Ufone, Telenor and Zong subscribers), + 92 51 111 786 100 (for fixed lines and for applicants from overseas) Website: Nadra Pakistan

Eligibility | Requirementa | NADRA

When you want to change your child's name by age 18, you must file the affidavit to receive a new birth certificate. Visit the link provided, and follow the instructions given:

The website contains affidavits for a number of questions so you can pick the file you need to submit to. Upload, fill in and then start. In Urdu, the name is:
It would be very difficult to change the name after the age of 18 years, without a valid excuse. So make sure you have a reasonable enough justification to change your name; NADRA would be absolutely discarding loose perceptions and ambiguous reasons.

Fill out the above affidavit, have it signed by a state-recognized magistrate and expect NADRA's verdict. You will be properly informed and instructed to visit the Union Council Office in your area if accepted. The President of the Union Council will install the application on the computer screen, and you will be a spectator to the change in data.

The cycle of name-changing usually takes 3-7 business days. Ensure sure that details aren't confused with the NADRA report. This method is incredibly fragile, so practice utmost patience and integrity.

Hey men, you got it there! This post was all about How to Change Your Legal Name With NADRA. We hope you wanted just that.

Good luck!
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post